Dwyer Series 16B 1/16 DIN Temperature/Process Controller, p/n# 16B-33
Dwyer Series 16B 1/16 DIN Temperature/Process Controller monitors and controls temperature or process applications with precision. The units offer two separate outputs for dual loop control in direct or reverse acting. Select relay, voltage, or current output combined with a second relay output.
The Series 16B provides dual LED displays for local indication of process value and setpoint value. Output status, engineering scale, auto tuning and alarm status is also indicated on the front panel.
Control methods include ON/OFF, PID, self-tune and manual tune. PID control is supported with 64 ramp/soak control actions. Two additional alarm outputs are standard on the Series 16B. The alarm outputs can be quickly configured by using the thirteen built-in alarm functions.
The controller easily communicates with other external devices such as PC's and PLC's for data search and system integration using the built-in RS-485 interface. Up to 247 communication addresses are available with transmission speeds of 2400 to 38,400 bps. The Series 16B also features universal input, selectable °F/°C, selectable resolution and security functions.
- Universal input accepts process transmitters, RTD’s or thermocouple signals
- On/off, PID, or manual output control
- RS-485 standard on all models
- Stage control program for up to 64 ramp/soak actions
- Control temperature for boilers, damper control based on temperature or pressure
- Hot plates/melt pots
- Packaging equipment
- Environmental chambers
- Medical equipment
- Food service equipment
- Inputs: Thermocouple, RTD, DC voltages or DC current.
- Display: Two 4 digit, 7 segment LED’s. PV: Red, SV: Green.
- Accuracy: ±0.25% span, ±1 least significant digit.
- Power Requirements: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz; Optional 24 VDC.
- Power Consumption: 5 VA max.
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C).
- Memory Backup: Nonvolatile memory.
- Control Output Ratings: Relay: SPST, 3 A @ 250 VAC resistive for 32B; SPST,
5 A @ 250 VAC resistive for 16B; SPDT, 5 A @ 250 VAC resistive for 8B and 4B;
Voltage pulse: 14 VDC (max. 40 mA); Current: 4-20 mA; Linear voltage: 0-10 V.
- Communication: RS-485 Modbus ® ASCII/RTU communication protocol.
- Weight: 32B and 16B: 4 oz (114 g); 8B and 4B: 15 oz (425 g).
- Front Panel Rating: IP56.
- Compliance: CE, cULus